04 November 2011

Crafty Friday:: Galaxy Playdough


Whether it’s a fun project to do with your children or simply for your own enjoyment, this fun DIY project is sure to add some sparkle to your day!

you will need:
» 2 cups of plain flour
» 2 cups of water with black and blue food coloring
» 1 tbs of cooking oil
» 1 tbsp of cream tartar
» 1 cupof salt
instructions:
Mix liquid ingredients in a large pan. (I found black food coloring in a large size so I added the entire bottle and also added a small bottle of blue food coloring. It made the dough so deep and rich!) Begin to heat liquids.
In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients. Add to the heating liquids. Stir until the dough gathers and thickens. Cook until it gets a sheen to it. Let it cool slightly and then knead to bring to its proper consistency. You can store it in a plastic container.


Put glitter on the table for the children to push into the playdough - creating the galaxy!


Put out an assortment of items for the children to create little space scenes.

A great idea to make this weekend with the children – even greater to have at your next kids’ party!

image and content source

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I'm totally going to make this when my niece and nephew come down next! Or maybe some Christmas presents for friend's kids... Ooh the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! It' the glitter that does it for me!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas - thanks for your support!