09 November 2011

Icons :: True Romance

True Love story of Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward


Well, today in the Pepper household we are celebrating our anniversary. So I thought it was appropriate to dedicate this day to love and romance.
I've found these photos on Pinterest and Snippet & Ink of Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward as a great example of a modern day Hollywood romance....and what a most beautiful one too!

Paul and Joanne got married on the 28th January 1958 in Las Vegas and stayed happily married for the next 50 years...this 'true love' is well illustrated by the photos, I think!






ahhh...and the way he looks at her!...
Sexiness wears thin after a while and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that's a real treat...
Joanne Woodward

4 comments:

  1. Aw.. Congratulations! Here's to 50+ happy years together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! These photos literally made me say "awww" out loud and my husband (sitting next to me on his own computer) said "what's the matter baby?" And I said, "These pictures of Paul Newman and Joann Woodward are really sweet!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sarah!..we are all unforgiveable romantics.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas - thanks for your support!