08 April 2013

{weekend wonder} montemor-o-novo


In the center of Portugal, right in the heart of the beautiful and calm plains of the Alentejo province, lies a city called Montemor-o-Novo.

This was my first ever visit to this quiet and very charismatic place; a city overlooked by an ancient castle...and obviously, as you may expect, with tremendous views!


On the way there, and by the road side, there's a protected village for storks.

I don't think I will see many of these around, and was amazed. It has a sort of power and beauty only nature can conquer {even though it's man-made}.

Also...obviously, as the storks were home, the photo was 'a must'...easy!




The church with a red heart right above its clock, and the amazing colours on the older buildings.


The beauty of the olive trees, one of the symbols of the Alentejo.





I was carrying my personal weapon : my fascination for little details and especially the many amazing and intricate 'doors and windows' - you can tell I had a 'ball' that day.




It was in the old part of the town that I found the most amazing doorsteps.
Who wouldn't love a door like one of these {particularly the one on the right with a vase of swans}?






View from the castle to the vast Alentejo countryside.


I hope you liked the photos.

Most of these {and many others} are on my instagram account, so if you're on it...don't forget to come and say 'hi!'

:: image source :: all photos by me

1 comment:

  1. Lindas fotos! Também sou apaixonada por portas e janelas antigas e trabalhadas. Na última vez em Lisboa comprei várias fotos assim!
    Tenha uma ótima semana!
    Rosa
    Le Paquet

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas - thanks for your support!