27 January 2012

{diy:sewing project} Baby Kimono

image source

Today’s ‘crafty make’ is dedicated to all those who sew, or like me, who wish to sew but actually don’t; and inspired by the fact that one of my friends gave birth this weekend to a tiny baby boy.
These super cute baby kimonos are from Martha Stewart’s site and aside from colourful they are also ideal for small babies who don’t actually like to have clothes being pulled on and off over their little heads.
***
Aren’t they so adorable?!
My mum used to make these for me and my brother, unfortunately  I didn't have the fortune to inherit her sewing skills.

So if you like the look of this diy project head over to Martha Stewart’s page for full instructions on how to prepare the pattern and sewing.
You will need:
Pattern paper {download}
1 yard of fabric
2 yards of single-fold bias tape
10 inches of thin ribbon
Sewing supplies

Have fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas - thanks for your support!