09 May 2013

in love with :: audrey hepburn {quotes}


On the 4th of May was Audrey Hepburn's birthday. She would be 84.

You know her as one of the biggest stars of the silver screen, an altruistic being, a generous soul, who used her voice to the greater good in her many humanitarian projects.

She was also a truly inspiring woman. Strong and determined, successful and restless. Like all of us, defeated many times and raised many more. A {perhaps} fragile and soft appearance with a lioness courage inside.

She was, above all one of the greatest fashion icons of all times {she was indeed, a very classy lady!}


Hepburn has since been a protagonist in the blogosphere {the world wide world of blogs!} because of her inspirational quotes.

And since inspiration is all I can give you - I hope you enjoy these 'modern wisdoms', whilst also playing a little tribute to this amazing woman.


"I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person."


"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."


"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I'm possible."




"The best thing to hold onto in life is each other."


"People, even more than things, have to be restored, revived, reclaimed and redeemed; never throw out anyone."


"As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others."



 
"I believe in pink. I believe laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."


 
 
"The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair.
The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.
True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul.
It's the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows and the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years."
 
 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas - thanks for your support!