15 May 2012

{decor} Revamp Your Dresser :: part I

image source


In the age of 'make do and mend' it is not unsual to repurpose and refurbish our homewares.

It is in fact a trend which is altogether environmentally friendly, economical and saves us the little heart break of disposing of dear old items of furniture and personals {I do, like most nostalgic people, attach sentiment to 'things' and those are the things I carry with me in both my heart and my cart!}.

Renovate with a splash of colour by painting, add patterns with decoupage, add texture when covered with a cool wallpaper, and interest with stencils or even stickers...

here are a few excellent ideas on how to spruce up an old dresser and give it some new life, a new location, new purpose...keep the furniture but move on with times, growing families and living priorities.


image source

image source

image source

image source

image source

image source

image source

image source

Inspired yet?

How about you, have you recently revamped a piece of furniture or have plans to do it soon?




0 comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas - thanks for your support!