20 January 2014

unfortunate coincidence


Today's inspirational moment comes in the form of macro shots to prove to you that winter is still upon us {at least in Portugal}.
I loved the combination of colours and thought they were good enough to share with you on this cold and rainy morning.

Also I have found a most curious poem by Dorothy Parker which is somewhat sarcastic and fun...or maybe just plain right negative - since I have a kind of dark humour, I liked it from the start - so I hope you like that too.
I confess I don't know much about the poet herself so I was pleased to get to know her this way.

Enjoy and have a marvellous week!

English:

By the time you swear you're his,
Shivering and sighing,
And he vows his passion is
Infinite, undying -
Lady, make a note of this:
One of you is lying.

***

Portuguese:

Quando você jurar lhe pertencer,
Arrepiada e sorrindo,
E ele jurar seu amor ser
Imortal, infindo -
Moça, e' bom escrever:
Um de vocês esta' mentindo.


:: image source:: 'Autumn Colours' by Victor Eredel on Behance
:: text :: poem 'Unfortunate Coincidence' by Dorothy Parker

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas - thanks for your support!