12 August 2014

never forget :: robin williams

My favourite quotes (from life and film) by most beloved actor Robin Williams, who so easily made us laugh as he made us cry; with his always poignant performances, a true master of his craft, an inspiration as a person.
May he always illuminate us, and future generations, with his spark. Robin williams quotes




"You know what music is? 
God's little reminder that there's something else besides us in this universe; 
harmonic connection between all living beings, every where, even the stars."
...
"You're only given a little spark of madness. 
You musn't lose it."
...
"Spring 
is nature's way of saying:
 let's party!"

...

"If you need booze or drugs to enjoy your life to the fullest, then you're doing it wrong."
...

"No matter what people tell you, 
words and ideas 
can change the world.”
...
"I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. 
It's not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone."
...

"If women ran the world we wouldn't have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days."



"I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz,
or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.
I love you as the plant that never blooms
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance,
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.
I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
so I love you because I know no other way
than this: where I does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep."
Sonnet XVII by Pablo Neruda read by Robin Williams on Patch Adams


"I'd ask you about love...
 you'd probably quote me a sonnet. 
But you've never looked at a woman and been totally vulnerable. Known someone that could level you with her eyes, feeling like God put an angel on earth just for you. 
Who could rescue you from the depths of hell. 
And you wouldn't know what it's like to be her angel, to have that love for her, be there forever, through anything."
from Good Will Hunting


“You don´t know about real loss, because that only occurs when you love something more than you love yourself. I doubt you’ve ever dared to love anybody that much.” 
from Good Will Hunting


"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. 
And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. 
But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for."
Robin Williams as John Keating in Dead Poet's Society




O Captain! My Captain! 

O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done,
The ship has weather’d every rack, the prize we sought is won,
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring;
But O heart! heart! heart!
O the bleeding drops of red,
Where on the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

O Captain! my Captain! rise up and hear the bells;
Rise up—for you the flag is flung—for you the bugle trills,
For you bouquets and ribbon’d wreaths—for you the shores a-crowding,
For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning;
Here Captain! dear father!
The arm beneath your head!
It is some dream that on the deck,
You’ve fallen cold and dead.

My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still,
My father does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will,
The ship is anchor’d safe and sound, its voyage closed and done,
From fearful trip the victor ship comes in with object won;
Exult O shores, and ring O bells!
But I with mournful tread,
Walk the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

by Walt Whitman read by Robin Williams on "Dead Poet's Society"



:: image source :: google

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas - thanks for your support!