05 March 2013

revamp your dresser :: part II


In an age of 'mend and make do'...or maybe shall I say simply in an age for the love of vintage and respect for the older things, those with characteristic, age and soul - we like to preserve and take care of our surroundings...and to my honest opinion, that's how it should always be.

So if you haven't seen part I of this post, here's another change :: see the link {here} for previous ideas.

image source
Add your favourite collection of decor papers, wrapping paper, magazine cuttings and wallpapers to the outside of the drawers, for interest and texture.


image source

image source

Stencil it or paint a favourite pattern.

image source


image source
image source
Add a bright colour and revamp the handles for a contemporary look.
 
 
image source


A new pastel colour as a finish - a pop of light into a room.

image source
{my favourite} chalkboard paint which you can write on and easily erase, for an infinite world of possibilites and fun information+instructions!

image source

image source

image source

...or a different colour to each drawer for a fun clean look.

Do you have a favourite? Has this inspire you?

I surely hope so. Drop me a comment if you're taking on {or just finished} a revamp like these.


 

1 comment:

  1. I love the last one. Wonderful ideas. Thanks for sharing Filipa.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas - thanks for your support!